The Senior Extrusion Operator will be responsible to oversee and lead efforts for quality and productivity improvements in order to meet the production target and optimize uptime in a 24/7 operation. The ideal candidate will have experience at coordinating work, trouble shooting, equipment maintenance and repairs while ensuring safe and efficient production.
- Must be available 24/7 as per Extrusion Department needs and requirements.
- Perform in a multi-functional team environment.
- Assist the Extrusion Operations Director with the production planning and priorities.
- Responsible for shift production, report production results and analyze data.
- Identify problems, suggest viable solutions and apply corrective actions within the scope of responsibility.
- Perform process troubleshooting when issue is identified.
- Ensure adequate supplies, inventory control and delivery of material.
- Ensure completion of equipment maintenance (die & screw servicing, calibration of load cell, pneumatic valve/cylinder change and repair).
- Responsible for quality testing and to compile results.
- Responsible for implementing and updating operating procedures on equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Facilitate integration of new employees.
- Play a role model, coordinate tasks, training (transfer knowledge) and communicate the production efficiency standards.
- Responsible of the personnel training on equipment, safety and extrusion operations.
- Communicate performance expectations to the team members.
- Assist with the teams’ organization and replacement as needed.
- Abide by and enforce established policies and procedures.
Experience and Job Requirements
- Must have Diploma in Plastics OR 3 to 5 years of experience required of hands-on experience on 3-layer co-extrusion Blown film.
- Electronic based experience or education would be considered an asset.
- Must have understanding of plastic materials such as primary HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE and PP.
- Experience with Extrusion machine repairs.
- Experience in resin handling and inventory control of Plastics raw materials, additives & color master batch.
- Ability to write, present and explain reports and work instructions pertaining to all phases of the operations. (efficiency monthly status report, scrap, process improvement, etc.)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with people at all levels.
- Proactive: Ability to anticipate potential problems and plan solutions.
- Rigorous and attention to details.
- Share knowledge to train and act as a coach.
- Mechanically inclined.
- English speaking and writing skills are required.
- Proficiency with technologies (computer skills).
NELMAR Offers excellent careers for talented individuals. Considering the rapid growth of the security packaging industry, an ever-expanding client base and a preference for internal promotion, the opportunity to climb NELMAR’s corporate ladder has never been greater.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $22 to $26/h.
- All hours worked over the normal work week (40 hours) will be paid with a 50% premium in addition to the regular hourly rate (time and a half).
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage (extended health care, dental and vision care, long-term disability benefits, travel and life insurance).
- Voluntary retirement savings plan with employer contribution.
- Paid personal/sick days.
- Fully equipped fitness facility.
- Stimulating work environment in an ultra-modern design facility.
- Vertically integrated company.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please take note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.