- NELMAR’s recycles 100% of post-production scrap, and all of our security packaging products are category 4 recyclable.
- Theft has increased sharply since the recession of 2008, especially by employees who are entrusted to handle cash while at work. This has resulted in a significant rise in the demand for the highest levels of tamper-evident bags.
- NELMAR is a supplier to many Fortune 500 companies.
- NELMAR manufactures the only tamper-evident bag on the market that cannot be opened and re-sealed without showing signs of tampering.
- Plastics have helped to reduce the average weight of cars by 200kg, thereby economizing 500 liters of fuel every 100,000km.
- In the past, 99% of all plastics were derived from crude oil, which were used to produce different monomers, which then joined together to form polymers. Today, and in the future, a greater amount will be derived from agricultural sources.
- Only 4% of the total volume of crude oil produced is used to make plastics.
- The average shopper uses more oil driving to the supermarket than is used in all the plastic packaging that protects their goods.
- The electricity generated by the incineration of just one plastic bag is enough to power a 60-watt light bulb for 10 minutes.
- Plastics have an energy value comparable to that of heating oil, and over double that of paper, wood and coal.
 Federation de la Plasturgie
 Plastics Europe
 British Plastics Federation